Captain Sim are back in the news just days after announcing they are expanding their 777 product line with the release of a new 767-300ER for MSFS.
The now infamous developer of Boeing aircraft took to Facebook announcing the launch of the 767 with the caption “Welcome the 767-300ER for MSFS2020” . On their website, the developer states that for $39.99, you will get two variants of airliner with it’s PW4000 engines – a 4 door and 6 door variant.
The release notes also draw attention to the high resolution textures which have been used across the 3D model, realistic animations and a Captain Sim house livery. While there is little doubting that the 767-300ER’s textures and detailing are of a high standard, simmers who were hoping for high-fidelity experience will be disappointed to hear that Captain Sim have again opted to base the plane’s avionics on the default 747 included in the base package of MSFS.
For $9.99 each, simmers can also purchase two livery packs which each include 5 liveries. Livery pack one features liveries for LTU, Martinair, Air France, Air Canada, and TWA. Livery pack two features Delta, Lufthansa (Star Alliance), United, Japan Airlines and Scandinavian Airlines.
Captain Sim’s previous releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator include the Boeing 777-200 and -300 variants, the 767-400ER and most recently a C-130 Hercules, although the latter was only an external model featuring no cockpit. Each of the developer’s previous releases have been met with a broadside of criticism from the community, citing issues of poor value for money and a lack of effort to provide the fidelity that simmers have come to expect from other established payware developers such as PMDG and Fenix Simulations.
At a price point of $39.99 USD (currently on reduction at $29.99), this latest release is likely to evoke strong feelings within the flight simulation community along similar lines to Captain Sim’s previous releases.
You can purchase the CS 767-300ER package for Microsoft Flight Simulator here.
Full release notes:
The 767-300ER package delivers a set of two highly detailed digital replicas of the Boeing 767-300ER with PW4000 engines.
• 6-door configuration (6 entry doors and 2 smaller exit doors aft of the wing)
• 4-door configuration (4 entry doors and 4 over-wing window exits)
• High resolution textures
• Cabin with 3D windows, interior, and animated pilots
• Realistic animations
• Captain Sim House livery
COCKPIT AND CABIN
• Classic 767 flight deck, brand-new model built from scratch including high resolution textures
• Essential functionality simulated
• Some systems use default 747 (must be installed) to provide expandability with community mods
• Complete passenger cabin
• Custom views including wing views
• Supports most features of MSFS 2020 (rain/icing effects, sound, flight model and more)
• Supports a growing number of livery packs with numerous variants of optional equipment (winglets, antennas, etc)
• Sim Ops