Redhill Aerodrome, a hive of activity located just south of London, comes to Microsoft Flight Simulator courtesy of Burning Blue Design.
Home to the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance, the National Police Air Service and numerous flight schools, Redhill is a well-known airfield located in close proximity to London Gatwick Airport in the south-east of England.
Once home to Spitfires in wartime, the airfield is now a popular destination of choice for many private pilots, with many merely starting their flying careers at its numerous schools, or those visiting the airfield’s Pilot’s Hub café, a location accurately depicted in Burning Blue’s scenery.
The scenery depicts the airfield’s numerous grass runways and even its uniquely curved paved runway, a challenge to all aviators!
With over 170 custom 3D objects optimised with the use of PBR, full night lighting and dynamic weather compatibility, and even dynamic visitors that change depending on the time of day, Redhill is now must-do destination for sim pilots too.
You can purchase a copy of Burning Blue Design’s Redhill Aerodrome for £12.95 on their site.
- Over 170 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures
- Based on 2022 layout with accurate runways, taxiways and custom taxi signs
- Highly detailed control tower and hangar interiors
- Animated hangar doors which close at night (Parking spot 7 – open manually with Taxi Lights)
- Completely custom windsock and dynamic animated flags
- Dynamic visitors change depending on the time of day
- Real-life static aircraft based at Redhill
- Full night lighting and dynamic weather compatibility
- Enhanced high resolution colour corrected ground textures