Goodwood Aerodrome (EGHR) has been recreated by Burning Blue Design for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Located in Southern England, the airport was originally built during WWII and was known as RAF Westhampnet. It hosted the RAF, RCAF, RNZAF as wel as the USAAF. It received the name ’Goodwood’ after the war, when the airport was transferred to a private owner. Nowadays the airport hosts a popular flying school, Spitfire and Harvard passenger flights and in general, a range of general aviation flights. Furthermore, the airport is encircled by a racing track hosting a slew of events and visitors throughout the year.
Goodwood Aerodrome is by no means Burning Blue Designs first airport, and the scenery developer has set a pretty high bar for its own sceneries. Rest assured that Goodwood aims to meet this bar, with a high amount of custom modelled 3D objects exclusively for this airport, all featuring full PBR textures. The scenery also includes high resolution ground textures and animated hangar doors among other features. Also included are custom plane models representing the famous Supermarine Spitfire ‘G-IRTY’, ’RR232 City of Exeter’, a T6 Harvard and more planes stationed at this airport. As for the racing circuit, that comes with its own set of features: track markings, signs and barriers, a pit lane, spectator stands and a fully numbered paddock area.
Burning Blue Design’s Goodwood Aerodrome is now available for £14.95.
- Over 200 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Goodwood Aerodrome, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR), allowing for far more realistic textures.
- There are tens of thousands of carefully placed stock assets, every sign, speaker, bench and tree, along with an assortment of ground workers and visitors, has been placed in the correct location ensuring an atmosphere of a working airfield.
- High-resolution colour-corrected ground textures taken from Bing maps and manipulated for consistency and realism which far surpasses the quality of the stock Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 ground texture.
- Based on the 2022 layout with accurate runway markings, taxiways and custom taxi signs and a working custom Windsock.
- Highly detailed control tower and hangar interiors and animated hangar doors that close and open between dawn and dusk.
- Full night lighting has been placed across the airfield and within and around the hangars and buildings.
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement have been incorporated into the release.
- Goodwood House and Chicester Cathedral have been modelled and included.
- The Full motor circuit track layout has been faithfully recreated with marshall posts, track markings, track signs, crash barriers and rumble strips. It’s so true to life you can actually race on it.
- The pit lane and spectator stands have been added along with a fully numbered paddock area and additional shops, stands and amenities.
- The Jackie Stewart Pavillion, Race Control Building, Motor Circuit Cafe, Goodwood skidpan and Supershell Building have all been added and placed in their correct locations.
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX G-IRTY ‘The Silver Spitfire’
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX RR232 ‘City of Exeter’
- T6 Harvard IIB/T6 Texan G-AZSC
- Goodwood Flying School Cessna 172’s: G-HLOB, G-LOOC, G-DBOD, G-NXOE & G-SOOA.
- Goodwood Flying School Piper L21B Super Cub G-DRGL