Regional airfield developer, Burning Blue Design, have dropped their latest airstrip; Earls Colne Airfield (EGSR).
Located in Essex, England, the strip began it’s life in 1942 as an RAF training station for fighter pilots during the Second World War. After the conflict, the airfield was briefly used as a storage and maintenance facility by the air force, before being sold on to a private company, seeing a number of commercial uses through the years.
Nowadays, Earls Colne Airfield is home to the Anglian Flight Centre, Anglian War Birds and the Essex and Hertfordshire Air Ambulance. Memorials preserving the airfield’s historical significance have also been replicated in the scenery, a virtual homage to the folk that served at the airfield in reality.
Based on 2023 layout data, the scenery features over 80 custom 3D objects each with full PBR textures, night lighting and animated hangar doors which close at night.
You can purchase Burning Blue Design Earls Colne Airfield at their website for £9.95.
- Over 80 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Based on 2023 layout with accurate runway, taxiways and custom taxi signs
- Full night lighting with Runways lights and accurate APAPI
- Animated hangar doors which close at night (open manually with Taxi Lights – Parking spot 25)
- Completely custom windsock and dynamic animated flags
- Animated spectators
- Real-life static aircraft seen at Earls Colne:
- Anglian Flight Centre Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G-ECAK)
- Anglian Flight Centre Robin HR200 (G-ECAP)
- AT-6 Harvard IIA
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance MD Helicopters MD-902 Explorer (G-EHEM)
- Ford Ranger Fire & Rescue truck
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures
- Enhanced local surroundings including:
- R.A.F. and U.S.A.A.F. War Memorial
- The Essex 18 hole golf course and driving range
- Local industrial estate
- Luxury lodges