Offering GA fanatics another grass strip to discover, scenery developer Burning Blue Design has released its rendition of one of Cornwall’s most iconic GA airfields, Bodmin Airfield (EGLA), for MSFS.
Initially developed by a local business to make aviation accessible to all, Bodmin Airfield (EGLA) is a well-known English general aviation airfield located 4nm to the northeast of Bodmin in Cornwall. After the airfield’s completion, ownership was eventually taken over by the Cornwall Flying Club in 1972 who has remained responsible for operating the airport to this day. On an interesting sidenote, Bodmin Airfield (EGLA) served as the original testing grounds for Trago Mills’ SAH-1 series trainer aircraft during the early 1980s. Originally built to serve as a replacement to the Royal Air Forces then aging “Bulldog” fleet, the Trago Mills SAH-1 was the brainchild of the same entrepreneur that was initially behind the development of the Bodmin Airfield (EGLA) itself, Mike Robertson.
Known scenery developer Burning Blue Design has released their recreation of this relatively iconic English airfield for MSFS users to discover. Using on-site visits, the development team indicates that they have recreated a faithful rendition of Bodmin Airfield (EGLA) that comes included with, among others, “over 30 custom 3D objects, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures”. In addition, the scenery features high-resolution, color-corrected ground textures, working custom signal square and windsocks, custom runway terraforming, as well as dynamic scenery objects that change in accordance with the time of day.
The scenery developer does advise users of some bugs related to the scenery, most of which are caused by Asobo’s latest SimUpdate 5. The team, however, reassures potential customers that they will take it upon themselves to resolve said issues as soon as workable solutions present themselves.
Burning Blue Design’s Bodmin Airfield (EGLA) is now available for purchase from the developer’s official online store and will set you back £8.95, subject to your region of purchase.
- Over 30 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Bodmin airfield, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Realistic dirt, grime, dust and rust can be seen exactly where it should be, with on-site visits carried out by the team.
- Custom runway terraforming.
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures.
- Working custom Signal Square and Windsocks.
- Control tower and cafe interiors.
- Open hangar parking spot.
- Dynamic scenery objects, which change realistically depending on the time of day.
- Custom aircraft have been included around Bodmin to reflect actual aircraft found at the airfield
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway placement.