BlackBox Simulation released a major update for their BN-2 Islander light utility aircraft add-on, which was first released in May on Microsoft Flight Simulator. The Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander is a British aircraft that was originally designed in the 1960s. Its popularity is still apparent today with around 800 airplanes still in service for both commercial and military operators.
The new update, dubbed version 2, includes a completely redesigned exterior and virtual cockpit, rebuilt panels, new textures, upgraded coloring, new liveries, and many other visual upgrades. BlackBox Simulation didn’t stop there however, as careful attention was given to improving the systems-depth as well. This includes brand new flight dynamics including the use of Asobo’s newly implemented CFD and prop physics, working circuit breakers, accurate electrical and fuel systems, fully featherable propellors, and more.
If you would like to purchase the BN-2 Islander, you can find it on the BlackBox Simulation website for €29.99. For the full set of features, check out the list below.
- Completely redesigned and rebuilt panels
- Rebuilt exterior and VC models
- All new texturing
- 32 liveries across 7 variants
- Civil, military and cargo models
- New panel and seating colors
- Optional ASPEN EFIS
- New flight dynamics using Asobo’s CFD and prop physics
- Accurate electrical and fuel systems
- Operational external tanks and tip tanks (maritime variant)
- All working circuit breakers
- Reworked lighting package
- Brand new realistic “WWISE” sound set
- Opening doors, cargo and clear view panel
- Adjustable sun visors
- Fully featherable propellors
- Removable chocks, flags, intake colors, boarding steps, and gust locks