Developer Black Square has announced a new product series that retrofits analogue gauges and complex electrical systems into the default MSFS aircraft, with the first releases in the upcoming Steam Gauge Overhaul series being the Cessna Caravan and Beechcraft King Air.
Focusing on default MSFS aircraft only, the series is bringing new interiors complete with analogue panels, and swappable radio configurations. Black Square has also developed what they are calling fully realised electrical systems for the aircraft, where each circuit breaker can be pulled, switch moved, and knob turned, and the corresponding action is accurately modelled.
The Steam Gauge Overhaul Series uses the default aircraft exterior and sounds and is compatible with all existing livery mods. Whilst bringing a new cockpit dynamic to the default aircraft, the original glass-cockpit versions are left untouched and will still be in your MSFS hangar, available to fly.
Published and sold by Just Flight, the Analogue Caravan and Analogue King Air are coming soon, priced at £21.99 and £27.99 respectively.
- Completely new interior and panel for the default MSFS aircraft.
- Custom-coded steam gauges with low-pass filtering, needle bounce and physics to provide ultra-realistic and silky smooth animations.
- Carefully modelled components match the depth and character of the real-world instruments, based on reference photos, schematics and real-world measurements.
- Every knob, switch and button is interactable, along with its respective electrical circuitry. Automatic load shedding and standby generators are also simulated.
- Fully 3D cockpit lighting technology for every gauge and panel, with ambient bounce lighting for a more immersive night-time experience.
- Improved turbine dynamics (ITT, TRQ, Ng, Fuel Flow, Inertial Separator), battery charging circuitry and AC inverters.
- Selective state saving for radio selection, radio frequency memory, cabin aesthetics and other settings.
- Engine limit excursions that decrease engine health and will eventually lead to failure.
- Crew/Passenger oxygen system that depletes according to pressure altitude, passenger occupancy and the biological demand of each passenger based on weight.
- Dozens of checklists with hundreds of items for normal, abnormal and emergency procedures in textual form, and in-game, using the MSFS native checklist system with control and instrument highlighting. If it’s in the checklist, it can be set in the aircraft!