Airport Madrid XP has been released for X-Plane 11. Developed initially by Sim-Wings, and ported by Windsock Simulations, the airport is a full recreation of the busy Spanish airport in the simulator. As the largest airport in Spain, and the sixth in Europe, Madrid–Barajas Airport (LEMD) serves over 60 million passengers each year. The airport features 4 runways all over 3,500m in length, meaning that aircraft of any size can visit throughout the year. Madrid is home to Spain’s national carrier, Iberia, but also sees airlines such as Ryanair, Wizz Air, easyJet and Air Europa offering routes around Europe and the USA. Those seeking long-haul adventures from the airport can fly American Airlines, Emirates, Cathay Pacific and plenty of others.
The airport has been faithfully recreated in X-Plane 11 and brings with it a range of features unique to the simulator. In total, 400 km squared of aerial imagery has been included to ensure that the scenery blends with the simulator well, whilst all of the airport terminals and buildings have been included with the product. Detailed ground markings are also present, and the airport layout is accurate based on current data. Furthermore, the team has worked with Ortho4XP to include a custom mesh patch to ensure complete compatibility with the simulator.
You can buy Airport Madrid XP for X-Plane 11 now from Aerosoft for €23.49 (excluding tax).
- Airport Madrid-Barajas with all buildings and service facilities
- Aerial image for the airport and its close environment (total of 400 km²)
- Autogen buildings and vegetation for the entire aerial image area
- Detailed airport buildings, terminal 4 and terminal 4 satellite with interior equipment
- Detailed animated jetway models (using SAM plug-in)
- Detailed ground markings
- Dynamic lighting
- Custom Mesh (Ortho4XP patch included)
- Compatible with default AI Traffic and World Traffic 3