Aerosoft has released its long-awaited extension to their Bombardier CRJ-550/700 aircraft with the 900/1000 variants for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The Bombardier/Mitsubishi CRJ aircraft flies regional routes all around the globe with airlines such as Air Canada, Iberia Regional, China Eastern Airlines and Air Dolomiti.
The CRJ 900 and 1000 variants first saw service in 2005 and 2010 respectively, with Air Canada Jazz and Brit Air being the launch customers. The CRJ900 is capable of carrying between 76-90 passengers which is a stretched version of the CRJ700 and cruises between 8-10 thousand feet higher than its predecessor which although results in a higher fuel burn, it allows the aircraft to fly much faster. The 1000 variant of the CRJ can carry up to 104 passengers with its 10 extra feet of length compared to the 900 and has a maximum range of over 1600 nautical miles.
Aerosoft has created a detailed rendition of the CRJ900/1000 which enhances the base CRJ550/700 version already released for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The developer has included highly detailed modelling both internally and externally along with PBR textures, an authentic flight model which utilises the capabilities of MSFS as well as 20 liveries to choose from. In terms of systems, Aerosoft has included an extensive FMS which ships with the latest AIRAC navigational update which can be updated through NavDataPro or Navigraph as well as a Head-Up Guidance System and comprehensive Electronic Flight Bag which is capable of calculating V-speeds, fuel and weight balancing and displaying charts in the cockpit.
To purchase the additional variants for the CRJ 550/700 aircraft, which is required for the 900/1000, you can purchase it directly from the Aerosoft store for €16.13 Ex.VAT or a combined bundle price which includes the base CRJ 550/700 as well as the 900/1000 extended variants for €56.47 Ex.VAT.
- Highly detailed modelling based on many photos of the original aircraft
- Covered with high-resolution PBR textures that convey virtual reality extremely well
- The possibilities of the new flight simulator engine are mostly utilized
- Fluid animations of moving parts such as landing gear, flaps and doors
- The cockpit shows detailed modelling and animations that provide a realistic look and feel of this popular airliner
- Support of advanced features, such as rain effects, etc.
- The flight model is based on Flight Simulator’s new aerodynamic model to provide a more realistic behaviour of the CRJ in all flight conditions. It has been fine-tuned to reflect the performance and reactive behaviour of the CRJ
- Extensive Flight Management System and Honeywell ProLine Avionics including Advisory and Coupled Vertical Navigation
- Delivered with October 2021 (AIRAC 2110) nav data
- Navigation data can be updated via NavDataPro and Navigraph
- Head-up Guidance System
- Detailed performance calculations based on actual weight and balance and graphical display of actualized load sheet
- Transfer of weight, fuel and calculated V-speeds into the FMS, if desired
- Checklists for all flight situations
- Individual configuration settings for aircraft maintenance preferred aircraft state when loading and additional options
- Chart display (NavDataPro Charts and Navigraph charts) with position tracking
This option will be made available free of charge as soon as the SDK allows it
- 20 liveries
- Eight manuals, including detailed step-by-step documentation
- Immersive sounds created using Wwise (so full FS standards)
- Compatible with Honeycomb and newest Thrustmaster TCA controllers
- Many new options to tweak the product to your likings and your hardware