Aerosoft has released Aspen-Pitkin County Airport (KASE), also known as Sardy Field, for X-Plane 11.
The add-on contains high-resolution airport textures complete with an extended runway, new taxiways, a fire station, terminal, and airport hangars. Local landmarks including Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, and the Aspen Recreation Centre are also modeled.
With mountainous terrain to the north, east, and south, Aspen airport is known as one of America’s most dangerous airports. So dangerous, in fact, the airport does not operate at night. Add to this the unpredictable Colorado mountain weather, and you have an airport that can challenge the best of pilots.
Along with a large amount of general aviation traffic, the airport has flights from American Airlines, United Airlines, and seasonal flights from Delta.
The software requires X-Plane 11.05 or later and is available on Simmarket for $27.10 USD.
Note: The download includes two versions of the airport – one for HD Mesh V4 users and one for everyone else. Please read the instructions carefully to install the correct version.
- Up-to-date rendering of Aspen Pitkin County Airport (KASE), including extended runway and new taxiways, fire station (with Oshkosh Striker 1500), fixed-base operator, terminal and hangars
- Fully baked high-resolution textures with ambient occlusion shadows and light maps for all airport and town models
- 19.000 square kilometres of high resolution photo scenery (30cm, LOD17) covering the Aspen Valley with day and night textures
- Tarmac and runway markings with specular effects
- Helipad at Aspen Valley Hospital included (ICAO 6V7)
- Dozens of custom local landmarks, including Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, Aspen Recreation Centre, Hotel Jerome and Benedict Music Tent
- Custom Aspen-style autogen houses and mansions
- Custom static aircrafts and 3D people
- Autogate plug-in animations included
- Custom mesh representing exact runway slope
- Compatible with HD Mesh v4
- Compatible with World Traffic 3
- Requires XPlane 11.05 or later
- Winter season (to be released in autumn 2018)