Announced over on their blog, Aerosoft has updated their much-loved Douglas DC-8 add-on for Prepar3D v4 to version 188.8.131.52.
This update brings along a variant has been longed for by customers, a DC-8 freighter model along with the corresponding paint kit. In addition to this, there is also a plethora of small improvements, corrections and fixes such as the reverser animation no longer animating when the engines are not running. You can find the complete changelog at the end of this article.
If you don’t already own the Aerosoft Douglas DC-8, you can grab a hold of it on the Aerosoft store for a price of €49.21* (Incl. VAT). This v184.108.40.206 update only applies to the Prepar3D v4 version of the aircraft, the FSX version is still v220.127.116.11.
- Added cargo model and associated liveries: United, Fine Air, LAC, AIA.
- Added gsx.cfg files for passenger and cargo versions in the DC-8_50 folder, you must rename the files to switch to the cargo version.
- Updated paint kit for the cargo version.
- Further improved tank selection initiation.
- Fixed reverser animation so they will not animate when engine not running.
- Connected takeoff warning to engine three throttle in addition to engine one.
- Corrected fuel pressure gauges so boost pumps don’t create pressure from empty tanks.
- Fixed fuel flow gauges to not show fuel flow before valves turned on during start.
- Added pop-up for control of external air, external electrical power, and cargo doors, “Shift 5” to access.
- Updated loader pop-up to accommodate both passenger and cargo variants.
- Changed clocks from local time to GMT.
- Changed heading select coding to allow external nav apps to control aircraft heading.
- Fixed bug causing hydraulic problems when cold and dark flight saved.
- Corrected animation of PT probe heaters switch and associated text on overhead.