A mix of good news and bad news from Aerosoft with regards to their CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Starting with the bad news: the CRJ 900/1000 has been officially delayed. According to Winfried, CEO of Aerosoft, the team need a little more time to address some of the technical issues they’re having with the aircraft. As such, the Aerosoft CRJ 900/1000 has been delayed until late September or October of this year. Aerosoft has attempted to find solutions to the problems, but there is no way around whatever hurdle they’re trying to overcome.
Whilst we wait for the longer version of the CRJ, many will be wondering what has been going on with regards to getting the CRJ 550/700 fully compatible with Sim Update V. In the same post, it is confirmed that version 188.8.131.52 will be released in the coming days. Speaking about the issues faced, Aerosoft said that Asobo had identified and fixed an issue with the WASM runtime to be able to put the airspeed indicator back in action. The remaining issues such as the texturing and shadow quality has been addressed by Aerosoft in this update.
Further in the thread, Mathijs confirms the changelog for version 184.108.40.206 of the CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Other notable fixes address issues with missing symbols on the MFD, issues with the aircraft.cfg files and also corrected IAS calculations. Furthermore, the flight model has been updated and a new high-quality flag for textures has been added. You can see the full changelog below. At the time of writing, this update hasn’t yet been released.
The other bit of good news is that testing has begun of the CRJ for the Xbox version of the simulator. There is no specific release date for it at the moment, so it’s unlikely we’ll see much more information on that in the near future.
In the meantime, you can check out our review on the CRJ 550/700 or see previews for the upcoming Twin Otter by Aerosoft. Finally, you can check out previews of the CRJ 900/1000 here.
CRJ for MSFS v220.127.116.11 Changelog
- Fixed startup flag reset after engine spoolup (PACKS OFF Lt and CAS message)
- Fixed missing symbols on MFD
- Formula correction for IAS calculation
- Fixed L/R selection in MFD Menus
- Fixed Audio panel volume controls for COM radios
- Several fixes in aircraft.cfg files (airline names, callsigns etc.)
- Flaps indication “1” on EICAS for lever position 1 (physical flaps position = 0)
- Fixed PA/CALL/EMER pushbutton lights
- Camera zoom increased for FCP and Fuel/Defuel Panel cameras
- Camera angle changed for EFB camera
- Fixed setting reserve and taxi fuel on loading a flightplan
- Disabled thrust reserver unlock during cold&dark
- CRJ-550/700 flight model updated
- Fixed Radius to Fix legs
- Fixed a condition where the value for a minute could become 60 and an hour could become 24
- Added math library provided by Asobo to fix airspeed indicator issue
- Fixed shadow center camera
- Added high quality flag for textures (no longer default setting in SU5)