The Tecnam P2010, developed by Aeroplane Heaven, is released for Prepar3d versions 4.4+. The release of the aircraft was broadcasted through their Facebook page.
It might look like a Cessna 172 Skyhawk, but if you look closer you will notice a shiny and sleek designed aircraft, not to mention the performance that it packs with it. It’s the Tecnam P2010 that we will look at, and it has been designed to carry four passengers including the pilot. In addition, its main structure is built with carbon fiber to complete its flawless design with a lighter weight. The Tecnam P2010 is powered by the popular Lycoming IO-360 engine capable of producing 180 hp.
This accurate rendition of the Tecnam has been developed with PBR inside and out. With the implementation of PBR, we can see a detailed outline of the leather on the seats, polished metals, and all plastics inside the aircraft cast a glow. The developer states, “Every nut, bolt, and wire has been accurately modeled and you will find a complete, highly detailed Lycoming engine under the lift up nose panel”.
Many hours were spent to reproduce the flight characteristics of the Tecnam P2010, along with recorded sounds from the actual aircraft which entails everything from starting the engine to the takeoff run. Furthermore, an easy to use feature has been implemented which gives the user the option of switching between a Garmin display panel or a completely analog system panel.
You can purchase Aeroplane Heaven Tecnam P2010 for $32.95 USD directly from their website.
- Highly accurate, fully detailed models with many working animations.
- Exceptionally high detail, authentic 3D modeled engines complete with individual cylinder fins, valve gear, spark plugs and leads, etc.
- High Definition modeling including detail down to opening engine compartment and compartments.
- Full PBR (Physical Based Rendering) texturing of the entire exteriors and detailed components like gear, tires, etc. Texture techniques allow for dull, natural, and highly polished alloy surfaces and paint.
- Realistic removable animated flight crew.
- Support chocks, pre-flight flags, etc
- Analog and digital cockpits.
- Optional Flight1 GTN integration.
- Highly accurate and beautifully modeled controls and equipment as per the real cockpit.
- Instruments have “3D paint” faces and are equipped with 3D modeled needles complete with pivot pins!
- Realistic starting is modeled
- All hydraulic and pressurized equipment is modeled and fully functional.
- Full PBR materials and textures throughout the entire cockpit.
- Custom lighting solutions allow for multiple different lighting scenarios.
- Flight dynamics are accurate to the real machine.
- Sounds are authentic and dynamic, sourced from real aircraft starts and running.