After a long period of teasing us with screenshots, Aeroplane Heaven has released the famous North American P-51D Mustang. The fighter plane saw its introduction in 1940, with the RAF. After an upgrade to a Rolls Royce Merlin engine, the plane became viable competition for the Luftwaffe. The P-51D, the ‘definitive’ version, uses a license-built version of the Merlin 66 engine, and was armed with six .50 browning machine guns.
Aeroplane Heaven’s rendition of the plane includes similar high quality modelling and (PBR) textures as can be found in several of their previous releases. The team also claims the plane has accurate flight dynamics and performance, which they have based on real flight tests. Additionally, the team has also included a bunch of extra’s such as a U.S. military pilot and special code to simulator tail-dragger behaviour. Furthermore, you can ‘open up’ several parts of the plane to inspect its insides, such as the engine covers and ammunition bays.
The Aeroplane Heaven P-51D Mustang is available for $35.95.
- All new hi-fidelity models with superb detail including gun bays and gear wells
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built over contemporary detailed plans and drawings
- Authentic cockpit detail includes many bespoke animations and effects.
- Full PBR materials and textures include realistic “pillowing” of metal surfaces.
- Animated authentic U.S. military pilot figure + your choice to remove for asobo stock pilot
- Specially animated, realistic undercarriage operation and the famous hydraulic droop
- Choice of classic or modern radios
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance based on real flight tests.
- Specially authored WWise Hi-Fidelity sound package.
- Unique code to “iron” out poor simulator tail-dragger performance.
- Loadouts and external tanks based on weight.