Announced just a few days ago, Aeroplane Heaven has released their rendition of the Lockheed Model 10 Electra. The Electra sports a fully metal exterior, and has a signature twin tail. The plane is powered by two P&W Wasp Junior engines. The plane was introduced in 1935 and a total number of 149 were built. The plane was very popular for civil operations all around the world, but also proved popular as a private plane for royals. The Lockheed Model 10 Electra is particularly famous because it was the plane that Amelia Earhart used on her attempt to fly around the world in 1937.
Aeroplane Heaven’s rendition of the plane features a highly detailed exterior and interior model. It features an authentic cockpit, though a modern avionics set is also available as option. Furthermore, the plane features engine exhaust effects, animations and a modelled passenger cabin if you want to try and re-create the classy flying experience on this plane.
Aeroplane Heaven also released a video, giving you an overview of all the features as well as a brief tutorial on how to fly the plane. The Electra 10-A is available for $31.95.
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built from years of research and using factory drawings and plans.
- Fully detailed authentic cockpit with many unique animations and functions.
- ‘Modern’ avionics suite available with a switch-out for those that like a modern approach to their simming!
- Dont believe in Modern avionics ? We have added a sperry Autopilot ( as close to possible ) for the long trips.
- Special effects include engine exhaust.
- Opening door with a 3d passenger cabin.
- The sound set uses legacy files. Although these sounds are authentic P&W engine sounds, we MAY be upgrading to a WWise soundpack at a later date.
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance specifications ensure an authentic flight.