Following an announcement before the weekend, Aeroplane Heaven has released its Cessna 140 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The Cessna 140 first flew in 1945 and paved the way for the continued growth of future Cessna aircraft of similar type. The Cessna 140 has a larger engine than its older brother, the Cessna 120, and had revised landing gear in relation to pilot feedback. As a result, the Cessna 140 was hailed as a relatively easy to fly aircraft with a decent range (at the time) and cruise speed.
As with other Aeroplane Heaven products of the past, the team has created a detailed 3D model with PBR materials used throughout the texturing. All of this combined has helped to craft an authentic-looking aircraft. This authenticity is carried through to the animations within the tailwheel, the brake discs and more. In terms of handling, the plane has been designed to be used with the modern flight model within the simulator and is also equipped with a modern navigation suite to help people fly around the world. However, those pilots who want a more realistic approach will be able to hide the avionics. Finally, the aircraft comes with 7 liveries and 3 configurations of the Cessna for a range of flying opportunities.
Aeroplane Heaven has released the Cessna 140 for Microsoft Flight Simulator for $28.95 USD. [Correction: we made a mistake and listed this as an AUD price and not USD. This is corrected].
Whilst many are surprised by Aeroplane Heaven’s decision to release this aircraft, they still intend on releasing the Spitfire. Even though we last heard it was “on finals,” the team decided to indefinitely delay the release and will only release it when Aeroplane Heaven wants to. We’ll keep a close eye on it and hopefully see the Spitfire in MSFS soon.
- Accurately modelled in High Fidelity with an enormous amount of authentic detail
- Detailed animations include sprung steerable tailwheel, sprung main U/C legs, brake discs and callipers.
- ‘Hidden’ modern navigation suite fitted to the cockpit panel for IFR navigation. ( totally optional )
- Asobo based pilots. Therefore the pilots you have chosen will fly the plane.
- Authentic stereo sound pack.
- 7 Authentic liveries include polished alloy, gloss paint and well-worn examples.
- 3 versions of the Cessna and if you know your way around configuration files your choice of which version to use per livery.
- ‘PBR Workflow’ texturing inside and out, as used in many of today’s successful computer game