Just a few weeks after the release of their de Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Aeroplane Heaven has released their latest aircraft for the sim. The Globe Swift GC-1A, with the announcement coming from their Facebook page.
The Globe Swift is a two-seat light monoplane taking to the skies just after the Second World War, it was available in two variants, the earlier 85hp GC-1A and later, the more powerful 125hp GC-1B. After proving popular in its early days, Swift production soon outpaced sales and it was forced to cease production in 1951 with 1,521 of the type built over its lifetime.
Aeroplane Heaven’s rendition of the Globe Swift GC-1A features a highly detailed model with excellent attention to detail. It comes with many special effects, accurate flight dynamics and unique code to iron out the default MSFS poor tail dragger performance.
The Globe Swift GC-1A can be purchased from the Aeroplane Heaven website for $21.95. Alternatively, it can also be purchased from third-party vendors such as Orbx and SimMarket.
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built over contemporary detailed plans and drawings
- Authentic cockpit detail includes many bespoke animations and effects.
- Full PBR materials and textures include realistic “pillowing” of metal surfaces.
- Separately modelled military pilots selected automatically via camera views in the cockpit.
- Removable pilots via the options board
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance based on real flight tests.
- Specially authored WWise Hi-Fidelity sound package.
- Unique code to “iron” out poor simulator tail-dragger performance.
- Engine volume knob that goes up to “11”!