Scenery developer AeroDesigns has announced that they are developer KPWM Portland International Jetport for X-Plane 11. Located just north of Boston, Portland Jetport offers daily connections to cities such as Washington, New York and Chicago. Cargo routes flown by FedEx also operate frequently out of the airport. The scenery is designed based on the latest
The airport is planned to have completely 3D terminal buildings, full night lighting and detailed ground textures with PBR materials. The scenery package will also include orthoimagery to 9cm detail.
The team are starting to work on texturing the terminal buildings, followed by the parking areas. The tower is already completed and parts of the surrounding airport model is being worked on right now.
You can follow the progress over on the X-Plane.org forums.
- 3D Terminal and surrounding airport buildings with high-resolution textures and PBR implementation
- Highly detailed ground textures with PBR
- High-resolution orthophotos (9cm; .3 foot)
- Custom accurate mesh created with Ortho4xp patch
- Full night lighting
- Rain effects
- Landmarks surrounding the airport are included such as the brightly coloured fuel tanks and Veterans Memorial Bridge on approach for 29
- SAM will be supported with own custom created Jetways
- WT3 Compatible (thanks to the always amazing Capt K-Man)