HiFi Sim Tech has updated their series of Active Sky products for FSX, P3D and X-Plane to all-new builds today. The updates are official and the result of feedback during various open-beta phases. All of the feedback from those testing phases have been taken into account to create these stable releases.
For people using Active Sky XP (ASPX), the updates include a fix with surface layer/aloft layer inter-layer interpolation at airports approx 5000ft above ground level and also a fix where hurricanes became “stuck” for several days based on previously known positions. The only major addition is that hurricane wind speed has been added to better represent variability based on eye and position from eye.
Active Sky for Prepar3D V4 users will be pleased that P3D V4.5 HF2 is now officially supported and various fixes have been attempted including false-positive MS Defender issue, a rare occurrence of a SimConnect failure and other minor fixes. Hurricane handling has also been improved.
Just like the other version, Active Sky 2016 has also been updated to include better hurricane support and other minor fixes and changes.
It’s worth noting that if you took part in the open beta program, you don’t need to update again. However, your application will automatically tell you if an update is required upon loading the software. You can download updates from the HiFi Sim Tech downloads page.
If you want to find out more about Active Sky XP, you should pick up our second issue of the FSElite Magazine, which has a full feature on the product.
- Fixed issue with surface layer/aloft layer inter-layer interpolation at airports approx 5000ft agl, and a related issue with airports over 3000ft agl
- Fixed issue with “Save manual changed” coming up when changing mode through http/API
- Changed max email address length in forgot password form to 64 vs 30 (was preventing resets for users with long email addresses)
- Clarified manual route entry popup form instructions (in Flight Plan) that Departure and Destination are expected in the route string
- Added hurricane wind speed to better represent variability based on eye and position from eye
- Fixed issue where some hurricanes may become “stuck” for several days at their last known position
ASP4 (B7208 092619):
- P3D 4.5 HF2 compatibility updates
- Made a change to prevent repeated “Cannot control ambient winds” messages
- Attempted fix for rare apparent false-positive MS Defender issue causing crash on startup
- Attempted fix for failure of sim connection to activate due to elevation access check failure during connection/interface activation steps
- Attempted fix for UnauthorizedAccessException on hosts file potentially related to recent windows update
- Added .NET 2.0 to installation package to avoid potential issue on some systems with specific .NET 3.5 configurations
- Fixed issue with invalid surface layer wind conditions at some airports near 5000ft elevation
- Fixed wind inter-layer interpolation bug when ground elevation was above 3000ft
- Added better handling for hurricanes to include variability in wind speed based on position and distance from eye and propery depict >99kts on the surface when appropriate
AS2016 (FSX/P3D Versions):
- Multiple miscellanious fixes/adjustments ported from other more recent product(s)
- Wind layer fixes/adjustments when airports are around 5000ft elevation
- Hurricane wind depiction improvement for better speed variability based on position and distance from eye and >99kt speed depiction at surface when appropriate