A new free update has been made available to customers who own 29Palms’ Mykonos Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The new update brings the airport to version 2 and adds a range of improvements and features that were missing from the original version.
Standout features from this update include a new sloped runway, animated apron vehicles, and new landmarks added to various parts of the island of Mykonos. Furthermore, the new version features a brand new terminal building, highly detailed 3D objects and ground textures, and also improved terraforming of the airport’s surrounding area.
Mykonos is an excellent island destination for anyone looking for a challenging approach and landing. The island is known as The Island of the Winds with most days of the year seeing strong northerly winds. Landing on it’s relatively short runway (6,200ft) also means that pilots will need to plan ahead before taking on this challenging airport.
As mentioned, the new version 2.0 update is totally free of charge for existing customers. If you don’t own 29Palms’ from the Contrail store for â‚¬12,56.
- Version 2.0 featuring the new terminal, fire station and current airport layout
- Detailed representation of the terraforming of the airportâ€™s surrounding area
- Sloped runway
- High-detailed 3d objects, buildings and ground textures
- Animated apron vehicles
- Custom animated windsocks
- Detailed representation of the airportâ€™s parking area.
- High detailed apron including the new airportâ€™s layout lines and signs.
- High detailed night lighting most of it being â€œphysicalâ€ (dynamic lighting)
- Fully custom taxiway, runway, reil and tower beacon lights. All the lights have been designed from scratch with custom 3d objects. Moreover, the intensity and color of their glow has been trimmed so that the outcome is much less intense and much closer to the real airport
- Custom Hazard beacon lights at airportâ€™s surrounding area (on top of the surrounding hills)
- Custom boats and ships at the islandâ€™s port
- Three existing heliports are present in the scenery:
- Armyâ€™s Heliport at the east of the airport
- Marinaâ€™s Heliport close to Ornos beach
- Superior Air heliport close to Kalo Livadi beach
- Three characteristic landmarks have been added to the scenery:
- Windmills at Mykonos town
- Broken windmill at the south of the airport (close to the terminal)
- A lighthouse at the north of the island