We started FSElite with the passion and desire to create a place where serious simmers, aviation experts and those willing to learn have a place to find the content that they need and want. We will NEVER be just another “news” site. We are building the content for you, based around what the community wants, in our own unique demnor.
We started with our podcast: offering our honest views and opinions based on what we saw and felt. Regardless of the topic, we strived to be accurate and honest – something that is really missing from the current generation Flight Sim “news and reviews” sites.
We then expanded to our current website, delivering ‘news-worthy’ articles, free from unfounded rumour or speculation. If we report something, we’ll source it, or provide some ‘proof,’ to ensure that what we’re saying is right. We won’t create click-bait articles with misleading headlines or post one or two screenshots, unless they carry a significant update to a product or a developer.
We’ve done this, quite well, so far. We have made some mistakes, but we’re happy to admit that. Since we’ve been growing, we’ve been talking about what it is we need to do to ensure that we’re consistent with our content and ensure that we meet your expectations from a professional Flight Sim website.
As a result, we’ve put together our “Community Charter.” This will form the basis of all of our future content, web design and future writers and content providers.
FSElite and its crew aren’t here to create a website, we’re here to build an ecosystem – one developed around the community.
So what is our Community Charter?
Putting the Simmer at the front of our mind
Speaking from the heart – Simmer to Simmer / Pilot to Pilot
INTEGRITY ABOVE ALL
We will never give in to the pressures of developers, or outside media
EFFICIENCY AND CONTINUITY
We will bring you the best and most accurate content as soon as possible
In the line of being open with everyone, here is what else we promise:
- We are non-profit – We invest all money earned from advertising and sponsorship back into the community through FSElite, whether that’s through server costs, website development, advert promotions or software procurement, or giveaways.
- We publish relevant, original content – We won’t copy and paste from a press release. We will continue to offer, unique and unbiased views through editorials, YouTube, and our Podcast.
- We will ensure promotions are relevant and non-spammy – We will always post to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. What we won’t do is spam and duplicate posts covered by other websites. (Unless they stole our content first).
- We receive free press-copies of products – We will never be bias towards a publisher because of it. We will also ensure any products given to us free of charge will be made clear on the review.
- We are the future – We’re very pro Prepar3d and X-Plane and the majority of our products will be featured from these two sims. We cover Dovetail as and when we feel the community will benefit.
- We admit our mistakes – We’re not going to be perfect, but we’ll ensure mistakes are corrected and admit to them. If you spot anything, let us know and we’ll do what we can.
- We always listen – We respond to and take on-board any feedback, comments, criticisms or enquires.
- We strive to be better – We will do what we can to serve the community as it demands. Staying professional and consistent, whilst providing a sense of fun is what will deliver.
- We need traffic – without traffic, we couldn’t continue to provide the high quality content we aim to deliver. We’re always going to write articles which please our target audience, as well as encourage new people to stop by.
- We want to grow – We will continuously look for bigger and better ways to grow our reach. We want to bring a variety of different content to people all around the world. As a result, we’re always on the lookout for fresh talent whether that be video producers, podcasters, writers or web developers. Whatever your skill, if you want to be a part of a growing Flight Sim community, then let us know.
So there you have it. This is FSElite, this is what we’re all about.
As always, if you have any feedback, questions or want to ask us anything, email us at info @ fselite.net