This clip shows you how to setup FSX Steam for multiplayer flying. A few points to remember:
- Only one player (the one hosting the gaming session) needs to do the port forwarding.
- You can only multiplayer with another person using steam. You can’t multiplayer with other flavors of FSX thru port forwarding alone.
- Using the VPN won’t make a difference. You still have to do port forwarding.
- Only FSX of the same flavors will work together. If you have FSX boxed and want to Multiplayer with another player using FSX Boxed, this technique works BUT you need to forward a different set of ports.
- Different flavors of FSX, P3D, and even X-plane can fly together in a Multiplayer session in several ways: Use a service such as VATSIM, or a peer-to-peer client such as Joinfs. Will post that video next week.