Building on the success of their 2013 model, the Yoko the Yoke, the new PLUS edition is the next version of the popular yoke. Virtual-Fly has been manufacturing flight simulation hardware for years, gathering feedback from commercial and entertainment customers alike. With years of refinement up their sleeves, they are back with the Yoko the Yoke PLUS. Let’s dive in to see whether the new features make it a worthwhile purchase.
The Yoko the Yoke PLUS is actually a little different in size compared to the original. Measuring in at the same width of 303mm, the yoke actually stands a little taller at 214mm. Furthermore, the PLUS edition has a depth of 542mm in comparison to the original, which has a depth of 515mm. When fully extended, the yoke reaches a maximum depth of 591mm. The unit weighs in at 9KG, with the majority of that weight in the box housing in order to give it stability when on your desk or inside your cockpit.
Impressively, the Yoko the Yoke PLUS is made from 90% metal. From the main casing with all the electrical wiring, to the yoke itself, it’s made from quality material that can withstand just about anything you might throw at it. The other 10% is made of high-quality plastics in areas such as the buttons and switches.