We have re-posted this article as it appeared to not get published correctly at the time of the announcement. Apologies in advance if you have already seen this.
Today at FSExpo 2019, Thrustmaster announced the latest addition to their flight simulation line of products: the F/A-18C Add-On Grip for the Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar HOTAS systems!
The Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet Add-On Grip is a life-size replica of the flight stick found in the real McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornet. Thrustmaster’s rendition is made out of durable, industrial-grade materials for long product life and an authentic feel and features realistic application pressure on all of the handle’s buttons. The stick includes 19 action buttons including a realistic 2-step trigger and an 8-direction “Point of View” hat switch. The F/A-18C grip also supports native integration with the DCS F/A-18C module and is compatible with all other flight simulation games.
The Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet Grip is compatible with the company’s legendary Warthog and Cougar HOTAS systems and will be available for a price of 199.99 Euros, or about $229.99 USD. A release date is uncertain at the moment but we’ll be sure to keep you updated once we have new information.
- Life-size, 1:1 scale replica of the F/A-18C Hornet™ flight stick handle.
- Metal design (grip), with durable, industrial-grade materials for an authentic feel and maximum product lifespan.
- 19 action buttons, including a realistic 2-step trigger and one 8-direction “Point of View” hat switch. The same number of inputs as the HOTAS Warthog control stick.
- Native integration in the game DCS (sold separately) via the dedicated F/A-18C module.
- Nearly identical stick to that used in the AV-8B Night Attack and F-15E Strike Eagle.
- Backwards-compatible with two best-selling Thrustmaster joystick bases: HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar (sold separately): easily swap your HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar with the flight grip.